- 2 (8 ounce) packages angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- crushed red pepper to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Pour olive oil in a large deep skillet over high-heat. Saute onions and garlic until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, vinegar and chicken broth; simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Stir in red pepper, black pepper, basil and cooked pasta, tossing thoroughly with sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes and serve topped with grated cheese.
Carla: We made too many noodles for this dish. It was good, but the taste was a bit lost because of the huge amount of noodles. I would like to try it again, and make the right amount of noodles. B
David: It was good, even though we made too many noodles. I like that it kinda had a peppery taste…in a good way. I would have it again. B