carla and i have been really hungry, since, judging by this blog, the last time cooked something was nine days ago! thus, without delay, the recipe (again from allrecipes):
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
* 1 clove garlic
* 1 pound ground turkey
* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans canned peeled and diced tomatoes
* 1 (15 ounce) can Pumpkin
* 1 (15 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
* 1 (15.25 ounce) can canned kidney beans, drained
* 1 (4 ounce) can Diced Green Chiles
* 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add turkey; cook until browned. Drain.
2. ADD tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
a nice little recipe. it’s the right time of year for pumpkin, it was easy enough to put together, it already had ground turkey in the recipe, i enjoy cumin (and added some cayenne for luck)…so how was it?
David – as a fan of chili, i was happy with the recipe! though nothing terribly special (to be honest, i had a hard time telling that there was anything pumpkin happening in here), it was quite tasty. it’s certainly going on the list of things that i’d be willing to make again. bonus points due to the fact that there are enough leftovers to live with for quite a while! i give it the coveted A minus!
Carla – a typical chili flavor; i was expecting something different by adding the pumpkin, but this didn’t change the flavoring that much. some cornbread would’ve been a nice touch, had we thought of it sooner. A-