We made this to take to a brunch pitch in…a throwback to the days of french toast cake from Encore Cafe!
- 10 cups white bread cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package lowfat cream cheese, softened
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in milk, half and half, maple syrup, and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over the bread; cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, remove souffle from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, and serve warm.
David: We liked it! It was a hit. A
Carla: I loved that I didn’t bring home one single scrap of it! A