the title does not refer to carla. we made this about a week ago (11/18) to bring to a football party for the osu/michigan game. it turned out pretty well – here’s the recipe, courtesy of allrecipes dot com:
* 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
* 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced and softened
* 1 cup evaporated milk
* 1 (2.25 ounce) can chopped black olives, drained
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a medium baking dish, mix together salsa, chopped spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, evaporated milk, black olives, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
3. Bake mixture in the preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
we forgot to buy the black olives, so they weren’t in our version. also, i’ll put a plug in here for frog ranch salsa. we get it fairly regularly, and it’s REALLY good. the spicy versions in particular are pretty spicy, but don’t seem to devastate one’s mouth parts. we used that in here, and the extra kick really put this recipe over the edge.
the dip turned out really well – everybody seemed to like it, and i really liked it (more importantly). solid A!