dinner from 10/26 was italian green bean chicken. recipe? ok:
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
* 1 pound fresh green beans – rinsed, trimmed and steamed
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute until aromatic oils are released, then add chicken and cook through until no longer pink.
2. Stir in tomatoes and basil and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes. Finally, stir in steamed beans and serve.
that’s pretty much how we did it, though i think i added a little oregano as well. however, our green beans were once fresh and then frozen and then defrosted. we think that hurt the green bean quality a bit…anyways, we served it over pasta.
david – the green bean quality/consistency was an issue, but that was our problem, not the recipes. i was
actually very pleasantly surprised, because it was more flavorful than i expected. this was a nice, pleasant surprise. i go with a solid B.
carla – mm…it was pretty good, but the green beans were only ok. i’m not sure if canned or frozen beans might’ve been better than the “fresh/frozen” ones we had … B.