tonight’s dinner! found it on allrecipes.com.
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 3 tablespoons lime juice
1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.
followed it pretty close to the recipe; we used sweetened lime juice, as that’s all that we had. a comment on allrecipes said that it was enjoyable with some tequila thrown in; we didn’t have that, but tossed in a touch of rum. this was rather easy to put together, as we had pretty much everything but the chicken already at home.
david – surprisingly tasty! when i saw it in the pan i wasn’t sure how good it would go, but it was actually very flavorful; a good mix of different tastes together. especially considering how easy it was to make, i’d definitely do it again. A-
carla – “it was nice and spicy. tasted good…um, it was quick to make…and i don’t know what else to say…B+”