From Carla’s birthday extravaganza!
* 5 eggs
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 2 cups white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter
* 2 cups milk
* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
* 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Cream butter or margarine and 1 cup of the sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla extract, beat well.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter or margarine mixture 2 tablespoons at a time, mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce cake several times with a fork.
6. Combine the whole milk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
7. Whip whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup of the sugar together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated, enjoy!
carla only used 1 and 1/2 cups of milk for this; it was still plenty moist. the taste of the strong mexican vanilla she used really took it to a whole new level. very delicious!