this is a great little lunch recipe we found at ezrapoundcake.com. lunch is tricky for us, but this was simple and fresh tasting. i was actually pretty surprised at how nicely it turned out. we love feta, and i think it really makes the dish.
the original recipe uses cucumber, which i did not put in (i don’t like cucumber). we tend to go light on the onion as well.
- 2 cups couscous, cooked (i believe this is how much i used? 2 cups measured dry)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1-2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 limes, juiced
In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients with the olive oil and lime juice, to taste.